Support Staff Vacancies
Learning Support Assistants X 2 (from Sept 2020)
The college is looking to expand its Support for Learning Department (S4L) with the appointment of temporary Learning Support Assistants to join our busy and friendly team in the new academic year. The main purpose of the role is to support students with identified learning and emotional/behavioural needs, basic literacy and numeracy difficulties, sensory impairments and/or other learning difficulties or disabilities. This support will be delivered in the classroom, but may also be given on a one-to-one basis, in the S4L centre.
Applicants for this post should either be currently working in schools/colleges as an LSA, or training towards becoming an LSA. Experience of working with young people with ASD would be advantageous but not essential.
- Contract: temporary until July 2021
- Salary: currently £17,830 per annum pro rata
- Hours per week: 27 - 33.5 hrs over 4/5 days (to be discussed at interview), term time only (39 weeks)
- Closing date: Thursday 20 August 2020
- Interview date: TBC w/c 31 August 2020
To apply: please complete the support staff application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
IT Network Manager
The college is seeking an experienced IT manager to join the College. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
• Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
• Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
• Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
• Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
• Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
• Train and develop employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
• Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
• Professional certifications
Hours: 37 hrs per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £30,894 - £32,555 per annum (based on experience)
Closing date: NOON Friday 21 August 2020
Interview date: TBC week beginning 31 August 2020
TO APPLY: Please complete the support staff application form and return before the closing date.
Itchen Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.