We have places available for September 2020 start - please contact Deborah Boggett for more information.
Nursery@Itchen is an 'Outstanding' nursery (Ofsted, 2016) based on our college site in Bitterne, Southampton. Our highly qualified nursery staff will support your child/children in their learning, play and development.
Through play, your child will be learning within the early years foundation stage. Their individual progress will be monitored carefully and their activities planned to enhance every aspect of their development.
Whilst all this learning is taking place, your child will be having fun with sand and water, construction toys and creative play and most importantly, making friends.
The nursery currently employs 21 staff. Of all these staff, all hold the relevant early years qualifications and some have also completed Level 6 BA degree. The nursery has children aged from 4 months - 4 years old on our register, who attend a variety of sessions across the week.
Nursery Manager - Deborah Boggett
Deputy Manager - Michelle Ross, Debra Churcher
If you would like further information about our Nursery, please contact our Nursery Manager, Deborah Boggett, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nursery was graded overall as 'Outstanding' in its latest Ofsted Inspection report (October 2016). Inspectors found there is a clear focus on helping children to acquire communication and language skills and supported the children's physical, personal, social and emotional development.
Other findings from the inspection include:
- 'Children have an excellent sense of belonging and very high levels of self-esteem.'
- 'Parents are extremely positive about the care their children receive.'
- 'Staff support children's health and safety and well-being to exceptional standards.'
- 'Children are exceptionally well prepared as they progress through the nursery and for the move on to school.'
We have French and Polish speaking staff at our nursery.
Our staff also have experience and provision for children with special needs.
They have experience with:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Visual impairment
- Cerebral palsy
- Language impairment
- Behaviour management
- Autistic spectrum disorder
- Special Educational Needs
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Prader Willi Syndrome
- Downs Syndrome
- Medication - Administration Of
We ask parents to supply special food if required. We do no provide hot meals but will heat up home prepared food.