Brush Up Your English
Functional Skills for English
Courses are available from Entry 1 one to Level 2
We can help you to:
- Feel more confident about your English
- Improve your skills in reading, punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification
- Achieve a personal goal
- Conquer that fear about form filling
- Improve your job prospects
What do we provide?
- Experienced, qualified staff
- Learning tailored to your specific needs and pace of learning
- Lots of individual support and attention
- Courses available daytime and evening
- Groups that are friendly and relaxed
- Extra support for specific learning difficulties
You will have the opportunity to take at least one exam to gain a qualification at the correct level for you.
Achieving Level 2 in this subject is equivalent to a C/4 grade at GCSE English. This is acceptable for entry to most university courses and for employment purposes.
Are there any additional costs?
You may wish to buy a folder to keep your work in along with paper, pen, pencil and ruler but there are no other extra costs.
Where to go when you get here
Tuesday evening - when you arrive for your first class please come to the Student Centre which is next to the Sports Centre reception. A member of staff will show you to your class.
Thursday – when you arrive for your first class please come to the main College reception where our staff will be able to direct you to your room.
Please park using the entrance on Whites Road. The postcode for this entrance is SO19 7NS. We hope that there will be sufficient parking and would ask that you park considerately.
Refreshments are available from the College Centre.