Paediatric First Aid
This is a 12 hour Paediatric First Aid Training Course in line with the requirements of OFSTED, NCMA, Surestart and EYFS. The certificate you receive is valid for three years.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs on this course.
What will the course enable me to achieve?
This qualification can be used as two units towards a Children's and Young People's Workforce qualification. It is also a stand-alone qualification.
How will I be taught?
The instructor will use practical and theoretical methods during the course.
What will I learn?
You will be able to:
- Understand planning and dealing with first aid emergencies
- Learn resuscitation procedures for adult, child and baby
- Recognise and respond to shock and bleeding
- Respond to scalds, burn, choking, fractures, head, neck and back injuries, poisoning, foreign bodies and injuries to eyes, ears and nose, bites and stings, extreme heat and cold, febrile convulsions
- Recognise and respond to emergency needs of children with chronic medical conditions
- Recognise and respond to meningitis and other serious illnesses
How will I be assessed?
Some elements of the qualification must be assessed by observing the learner carrying out a practical demonstration of competencies on infant and child manikins, such as CPR, dealing with severe choking and recovery positions. Other elements are knowledge based and do not have to be observed practically.