Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2
This course will enable the learner to develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in the classroom environment.
Are there any additional costs?
All students will pay the £115 registration fee, £5 for the course standards and a £5 photocopying fee to cover the handouts the tutor will provide.
You need to have either a paid or voluntary placement where you are supporting learners in order to follow this course.
Is this course suitable for me?
It is suitable for learners working in roles that support pupils’ learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants in primary, secondary, sixth form or special educational needs schools. It is also suitable for those in a voluntary capacity. It is recommended that you work at minimum of six hours per week in your placement.
To help you decide if this course is suitable for you there will be an informal interview. Before applying you should make sure that your school is willing to support you in this qualification. We cannot offer you a place until the fully completed application form is returned, including workplace mentor’s agreement.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is internally assessed. Learners must produce a portfolio of work that covers all learning outcomes of the qualifications. You will also be allocated an assessor who will come into your school and observe you working.
What will I learn?
Topics studied during the course include:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Learners taking the Level 2 course can progress to the Level 3 qualification. If you are an experienced school worker then Level 3 may be more appropriate for you.