English for Speakers Of Other Languages (ESOL)
Certificate in ESOL Skills For Life.
These courses are aimed at students from Entry2/3 to Level 1/2. This course is for students whose first language is not English and wish to study, work or live in the UK. You will learn to improve your English by speaking & listening, reading and writing, focusing on spelling and grammar. Our classes have students from different countries and cultures and contain both male and female students. These classes will help you learn about English culture and society. Please note that these classes are not suitable for beginners or those who do not speak English. You will be asked to provide residency documentation for funding purposes only. There will be a 15 minute break between 10.45am and 11am for refreshments.
This course will help you to:
- Feel more confident about your English.
- Improve your skills in reading, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification.
- Improve your job prospects.
- Fill out forms more confidently.
- Confidently communicate with others in a variety of situations.
What do we provide?
- Experienced, qualified staff.
- Learning tailored to your specific needs and pace of learning using a variety of teaching methods.
- Lots of individual support and attention.
- Friendly and relaxed learning environment.
- A wide range of discussion topics.
You will have the opportunity to take at least one exam to gain a qualification at the correct level for you.
Are there any additional costs?
You may wish to buy a folder to keep your work in along with paper, pen, pencil and ruler but there are no other extra costs.
Where to go when you get here?
When you arrive for your first class please come to the main College Reception where our staff will be able to direct you to your room. You will be required to have your photo taken for ID purposes. Once you have enrolled you will be issued with a lanyard which you will be required to wear whilst on college premises.
Parking is available in the rear car park which is accessed from the Whites’ Road entrance. SO19 7NS. Please park responsibly if parking in residential areas.
Refreshments are available from the College Centre.
Smoking in only permitted in the designated smoking areas.