Information, Advice and Guidance
This is suitable for learners who work in an area which provides designated advice and guidance.
Are there any additional costs involved?
There are no additional costs for this course.
How will I be taught?
Learners will have regular support meetings at an agreed time, with telephone and email support.
What does the course involve?
The course involves taking several units which, for the Level 3 Award, involves:
- Establishing communication with clients for advice and guidance
- Supporting clients to make use of the advice and guidance service
- Review own contribution to the service
- Understand importance of legislation and procedures
For the Level 4 Diploma, the units involve:
- Develop interactions with advice and guidance clients
- Manage personal case load
- Evaluate and develop own contribution to the service
- Operate within networks
- Understanding importance of legislation and procedures
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed through units which are worth overall credits for the qualification. Assessment will be via a portfolio and work-place visits to carry out assessment.
Learners may wish to continue their learning with additional qualifications which our Teacher and Training programme provides.