Team Leader/Supervisor - Level 3
The team leader/supervisor apprenticeship allows those individuals in a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. It helps provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
This course is suitable for you if:
- You have been offered management level employment
- You are already working in this capacity.
The following knowledge and skills will be covered:
- Interpersonal excellence - managing people and developing relationships.
- Organisational performance - delivering results.
- Personal effectiveness - managing of self.
A dedicated management trainer will carry out a suite of classroom-based training to assist in your full understanding of the course content. This can be completed on the employer premises with a cohort of learners or externally with a mixed cohort of learners from various business completing the same qualification.
How will I be assessed?
You will have a dedicated assessor/ coach to assist you through the completion of the work-based learning, inclusive of the skills and behaviours. Both your assessor and trainer will help you work towards the end goal of achieving your End Point Assessment (EPA)
End Point Assessment will commence once your assessor and employer deem you confident in all areas of the apprenticeship programme.
Your End Point Assessment will consist of the following:
- Presentation with questions and answers.
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence.
Before the EPA takes place, you must also have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English if you do not hold equivalent qualification already.
Information & Support
- This qualification will predominantly take place within the workplace.
- Off-the-job training will be in the form of monthly workshops to cover the knowledge, delivered over the course of 10 months.
- Internet access both at home and in the workplace will be required in order to access our e-portfolio system.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
Upon completion, apprentices may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management to support their professional career development and progression.