Art & Design
This course would combine well with any general or diverse Level 2 programmes of study. It can be combined with GCSE English, Maths or Biology for any students who may wish to improve their existing grade.
This course is for you if...
- you enjoy being creative and wish to learn new skills in art and design such as printmaking, 3D, textile design, working with wire, fine art and photography.
- you want to understand the benefits of art historical knowledge and will find learning about historical and contemporary artists, designers and photographers an interesting challenge.
- you have a genuine passion for art and design and want to develop as a practicing artist.
This course is part of our Creative Arts Academy.
What will I study on this course?
This course addresses mandatory units that include:
- Contextual references in Art & Design
- 2D visual communication
- 3D visual communication
- Working with photography briefs
There are exciting live projects in printmaking, sculpture and photography. Using processes such as screenprinting, linocut card, wire and clay you will be encouraged to relate your work to the work of other artists, designers and photographers.
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students will be able to use the excellent Art & Design facilities, as well as developing a portfolio and benefiting from being in the Creative Arts Academy.
Where can this course lead to?
Success at Merit or Distinction level will aid progression to the Level 3 Art & Design programmes, students will then have the chance to go on to study Art & Design at degree level.