Level 2 & 3
This course is for you if:
- you want to extend drawing skills and work from the ‘live nude model’. You will have the opportunity to compile a dynamic folio of work showing skills and recognition of the traditional formal aspects of drawing.
This course is part of our Creative Arts Academy.
What topics will I study?
You will work on proportion and perspective in the first instance towards applying a range of tones/contrasts and mark making techniques using of range of alternate art materials.
You will be expected to research the work of designers who have worked on the figure, critically analyse and reflect on own development.
This is an excellent accompaniment for art student’s folio of work particularly if the intention is to apply for university or an apprenticeship.
You will complete the following Level 2 units:
- Unit 1: investigating sources of ideas in art and design
- Unit 2: exploring and using art and design materials, techniques and visual language
- Unit 3: producing final art and design work
- Unit 5: building an art and design portfolio
- Unit 7: 2D visual communication
With these units forming a grounded foundation you may take the second year and cover units 1, 2 and 3 in far more depth to gain a Level 3 qualification.
What can I do after this course?
You can progress onto higher education to study art related courses at degree level or employment in the creative industries.