Sport & Physical Education
This course is for you if...
You are thinking about a sports career, are fascinated by the human body and are keen to understand the why behind sports performance.
What topics will I study?
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Skill acquisition
- Sport and society
- Exercise physiology and biomechanics
- Sports psychology
- Contemporary issues in physical activity and sport
- Practical performance: you are assessed in one sport from the OCR practical performance list
- Coursework: evaluation and analysis of your practical performance
What can I do after this course?
PE is one of the fastest growing subjects in higher education and is a recognised science in most universities.
There are many opportunities in careers and higher education when studying PE such as:
- Physiotherapy and Sports Therapy
- Sports Technology
- Sports Coaching/Development
- Sports Science/Studies
- Sports Management/Media
- PE teaching
We have strong links with universities including Southampton, Chichester, Portsmouth, Solent and run annual trips to several of these to highlight the degree opportunities available in Sport. We also offer the opportunity of gaining coaching awards which combined with academic grades can secure your place at university or employment in a sport related career.