Support for Success
Our students benefit from high-quality teaching and a supportive atmosphere where we offer:
- Weekly meetings with your tutor,
- Regular extra support sessions from your subject teachers,
- Additional work available electronically via Moodle,
- Termly academic progress or electronic access to real time information about attendance and progress.
Personalised university application (UCAS) support:
- We help you choose the right course and university for you with your career events, university open days and talks from universities,
- A Higher Education Advisor, an English teacher and your A Level teachers will help you complete your university application (UCAS),
- Oxford and Cambridge application advice from guest speakers,
- Specialist UKCAT and BMAT medical test preparation,
- Support to find volunteering opportunities,
- One-to-one interview practice.
High Performance Academy
For academic students who are likely to progress to the UK's top universities, which include Oxford and Cambridge, we offer a programme of tutoring, visits, guest lectures and an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) project.
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
This is a personal piece of work in which you demonstrate evidence of your ability to conduct independent research. It can be essay, project or an artefact about a topic which interests you and is worth half an A Level. Many universities take the EPQ project into account when they make their offer.