Expert coaching and qualifications
The Academy of Sport offers free expert coaching in a range of sports including:
Throughout the sporting season we enter British Colleges Sport competitions, so if you are an elite sportsperson you will get the opportunity to compete against the best in the country at national level.
During the summer months Academy students also take part in athletics, cricket and volleyball.
Academy staff will help you develop personal training programmes and, with the vital back-up of sports physiotherapy and rehabilitation on site, neither your performance or your college work will suffer!
Facilities include a sports hall, fitness suite, gym, aerobics studio, full size football pitch, netball courts, sports therapy suite, climbing wall and specialist classrooms.
Academy of Sport students have opportunities to study coaching and officiating qualifications, which include:
- FA Level 1 and Level 2 Coaching Award
- Level 1 & Level 2 Coaching Award in Basketball
- Level 1 PGA Certificate in Coaching Golf
- Refereeing Awards in Football and Basketball
- Fitness Instructor Awards – Level 1 and Level 2
- Community Sports Leader Award (CSLA)
- Higher Sports Leader Award (HSLA)