Foundation Learning Programme
This all inclusive package is aimed generally at those students who require a high level of support and want a personalised and flexible approach to learning. This is a standalone package course, which is not taken with any other qualifications.
This course is for you if...
...you need more time to improve your skills in English and Maths.
...you need to catch up on knowledge and skills you missed out on at school.
...you have a learning difficulty and need to be taught in a small group, with extra support.
...you need to gain confidence and improve your employability skills.
Where can this course lead to?
If students gain a Distinction in the Vocational Studies course, improve their literacy and numeracy skills, and have good attendance and work ethic, they may be able to progress to Level 2 courses, including GCSEs and vocational qualifications.
What will I study on this course?
The Foundation Learning programme allows you to gain the skills and qualifications that will support your progression into further study or employment.
The programme will consist of:
- Functional Skills English - at Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths - at Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2
- Level 1 Introductory Certificate in Vocational Studies, including units on Business, Art and Health and Fitness
- A variety of enrichment courses such as managing your money, personal development and preparing for work.
- Business Enterprise - working in a team on projects such as making goods to sell, and using the money raised to plan and go on a trip out of college.
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students will have the opportunity to go out of the college on various trips to support their learning and practice the skills they have learnt.