Global Distribution System (Galileo)
Vocational Level 3
This course is for you if:
- you are seeking future in the travel industry.
- you are good at IT.
Galileo is the number one Global Distribution System (GDS) used by travel agencies and airlines all over the world to make and confirm reservations for flights, hotel rooms and car hire.
The travel industry has become so vast and complex that qualifications and training are now vital to get entry into the industry. Furthermore, information technology skills are essential to the travel and tourism industry and that being able to demonstrate such skills are imperative.
What topics will I study?
This course equips industry entrants with a thorough knowledge and understanding of Galileo, combining trainer led demonstrations with practical exercises, creating, storing, retrieving and amending complex travel itineraries. The delivery of this course will involve the use of a ‘live’ GDS system.
The course will cover:
- Access to the Galileo system, conforming to security procedures
- Requesting and interpreting availability and timetable screens
- Booking the most suitable flights for the client’s itinerary
- Inputting mandatory and optional booking file information including TODs
- Adding, amending and cancelling passenger servicing information and booking file servicing requests
- Recognising different fare types
- Accessing and applying the relevant fare notes
- Obtaining the most appropriate fare quote for the itinerary’s requirements
- Interpreting the booking file history to determine all changes from original creation
- Working with the Galileo queuing system