Travel & Tourism (triple award)
Vocational Level 3
This course is for you if:
- you are interested in a career in the travel industry or in event management.
The course will give you a full programme and supports potential career routes into cruise operations, travel agencies, airlines, tour operations or conference events organisations, as well as enhancing your general knowledge of destinations and travel habits.
This course, in combination with the Travel Academy, represents a full timetable in Travel and Tourism in year 1 but a useful subject to study alongside could be Cabin Crew and Galileo in year 2.
What topics will I study?
The Level 3 triple award aims to develop and practise the skills required for employment, with a work placement being an integral part of the course.
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Preparing for a career in travel & tourism
- Travel and tourism destinations
- UK visitor attractions
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Work experience in travel and tourism
- The UK conference and event industry
- Marketing in travel and tourism
- UK passenger transport industry
- Resort representative roles and responsibilities
- Tour guiding
- Worldwide passenger airlines
- The cruise industry
- Responsible tourism
- Specialist tourism
A variety of learning approaches are used in the department in order to maximise learning and enjoyment. In class, students will work individually, in small groups and as a class. The main learning for the internally assessed units will involve students carrying out research into a range of case studies within the travel and tourism industry.
What can I do after this course?
The course can lead to direct employment in the travel and tourism industry, with progression opportunities in tourism management. Students are able to progress onto higher education courses such as HNDs and degrees in Travel & Tourism Management and related studies.