Travel & Tourism (triple award)
Vocational Level 3
The course combines well with a wide range of subjects and supports potential career routes into cruise operations, travel agencies, airlines, tour operations or conference events organisations, as well as enhancing your general knowledge of destinations and travel habits.
This course is for you if...
...you are interested in a career in the travel industry or in event management.
Where can this course lead to?
The course could lead to direct employment in the travel and tourism industry, with progression opportunities in tourism management. Students are able to progress onto higher education courses such as HNDs and degrees in Travel & Tourism Management and related studies.
What will I study on this course?
The Travel & Tourism (triple award) aims to develop and practise the skills required for employment, with a work placement being an integral part of the course.
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Preparing for a career in travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism destinations
- UK visitor attractions
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Work experience in travel and tourism
- The UK conference and event industry
- Marketing in travel and tourism
- UK passenger transport industry
- Resort representative roles and responsibilities
- UK airports
- Worldwide passenger airlines
- The cruise industry
- Responsible tourism
- Specialist tourism
A variety of learning approaches are used in the department in order to maximise learning and enjoyment. In class, students will work individually, in small groups and as a class. The main learning for the internally assessed units will involve students carrying out research into a range of case studies within the travel and tourism industry.
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students will have the opportunity to carry out their own research into a range of case studies, as well as benefitting from the national and international trips offered by the department.