Musical Theatre CPD Opportunity
An exciting continuing professional development (CPD) opportunity is being hosted on 11 October from 4.30pm - 8.30pm at Itchen Sixth Form College.
As part of Theatre for Life, teachers and other interested individuals will have the chance to work with published playwright and drama practitioner Mark Wheeller in a professional development session.
Workshop content will include:
- Understanding the characteristics and conventions of Mark Wheeller's plays through practical exploration (verbatim/documentary/physical theatre/use of music, physicalisation of text, staging and design)
- Explore Mark's use of practitioner styles/influences and how these can be applied in the rehearsal and devising process (Brecht/Complicite and Kneehigh)
- Guidance on how to get students to understand the historical and social context of Mark's plays and how to prepare students for examination
- Acquire support with curriculum planning for GCSE set texts (OCR - Missing Dan Nolan by Mark Wheeller & Eduqas the new brand for WJEC - Hard to Swallow by Mark Wheeller)
- Q&A and an opportunity to share good practice with fellow drama practitioners (Please feel free to bring examples of lesson plans, SOW and resources)
If you would like to attend, individual tickets from the Theatre for Life website.