Vocational Level 2
Please note: this course will NOT be running for students entering college in September 2017 and will be taken off the website before 1 September.
This course is for you if...
...you are passionate about acting.
...you would like to develop your performance skills for the first time.
...you need to take a foundation year before starting on the Level 3 Drama & Theatre Studies course or BTEC Level 3 Acting programme.
Where can this course lead to?
Most students, having excelled on the Level 3 course, will look to go on to our Level 3 Acting course as well as the BTEC in Musical Theatre.
What will I study on this course?
This assignment-based course explores acting at Level 2. It is ideal if you are on a Level 2 programme and wish to explore opportunities to perform and build your confidence. Depending upon enrolment numbers, we adapt the units offered to reflect the skills of the prospective students.
The units include:
- Unit 1: individual showcase
- Unit 2: preparation, performance and production
- Unit 3: acting skills
Unit 1 is externally assessed:
- Learners will complete a letter of application and a presentation/audition in response to a selected progression opportunity
- There will be a selection of four pre-released progression opportunities for each academic year
- Unit 2 and unit 3 are 100% coursework assessed
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students will be a part of our new exclusive Creative Arts Academy. They will also be able to use our state of the art performance and dance studios.