Sport (including Sport & Exercise Science) (triple award)
Vocational Level 3
This a course who want a practical approach to sport. It is a triple award, which will make it your main course of study.
This course is for you if...
- you are keen and active in sport;
- you have a range of sports knowledge;
- you are interested in all aspects of sporting performance.
What topics will I study?
The first year of this course is made up of seven units:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training and programming
- Professional development
- Sports leadership
- Fitness testing
- Practical sport
- Sports psychology
These units are tested by a variety of theoretical, practical and internal assignments.
The second year of the course is made up of the following units:
- Coaching for performance
- Research methods
- Sports event organisation
- Sports injury
- Provision of sport
- Business in sport
- Skill acquisition
Within your two years of study you have the opportunity to achieve essential in-course qualifications, such as:
- Community Sports Leader Award (CSLA) & Higher Sports Leader Award (HSLA)
- First aid at work certificate
- Fitness Instructors Award Level 1 & 2
- FA Level 1 football coaching award
- Basketball Level 1 coaching award
Various refereeing and leader awards.
What can I do after this course?
If you wish to go on to higher education you could take a degree in subjects such as: sports science, sports psychology, sports journalism, sports analysis, fitness and personal training, teaching PE, coaching and sport development, event management (sport). Possible careers include leisure centre roles, coaching roles and personal training.