Protective Services (double or triple award)
Vocational Level 3
This course explores various aspects of the Uniformed Services, challenging your physical and mental ability. You will take part in leadership and teamwork activities and may represent Itchen in a wide variety of competitions both locally and nationally.
This course is for you if...
- you have aspirations of going on to higher education.
- you have aspirations of joining an emergency blue light or military service.
Our extensive links with Hampshire Constabulary, Hampshire Fire and Rescue, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, South Central Ambulance Service, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Prison Service are exceptional.
What will I study on this course?
Compulsory units include:
- Government, policies and the protective services
- Leadership and teamwork in the protective services
- Citizenship, diversity and the protective services
- Understanding discipline in the uniformed protective services
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the protective services.
Some specialist units that you may study could include:
- Fitness testing and training for the uniformed protective services
- Planning and management of major incidents
- International institutions and human rights
- Command and control in the uniformed protective services
- Police powers in the protective services.
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students within the Uniformed Services Academy have exclusive access to a wide range of extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities including:
- Mountain biking
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Power boating
- First aid
- Paddle boarding
- Rowing courses
- Climbing on our £30,000 indoor climbing wall
- Orienteering and low ropes
- Camping expeditions in the New Forest, Purbecks or South Wales
- Participation in civil defence major incident exercises with the blue-light services
- 5000ft static line and 13,000ft tandem parachuting.
Where can this course lead to?
You will be able to extend your knowledge and study at university or gain employment in a Uniformed Service.
You will be able to move onto higher education or gain employment in a uniformed protective service.