Protective Services (double or triple award)
Vocational Level 3
This course explores various aspects of the Uniformed Services, challenging your physical and mental ability. You will take part in leadership and teamwork activities and may represent Itchen in a wide variety of competitions both locally and nationally.
This course is for you if...
- you have aspirations of going on to higher education.
- you have aspirations of joining an Emergency Blue Light or Military service.
Our extensive links with Hampshire Constabulary, Hampshire Fire and Rescue, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, South Central Ambulance Service, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Prison Service are exceptional.
What topics will I study?
This course explores various aspects of the uniformed services, challenging your physical and mental ability. You will take part in a lot of team work and may represent Itchen in a wide variety of competitions both locally and nationally.
Compulsory units include:
- Government, policies and the public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the public services
- Citizenship, diversity and the public services
- Understanding discipline in the uniformed public services
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the public services
Some specialist units that you may study could include:
Fitness testing and training for the uniformed public services
Planning and management of major Incidents
International institutions and human rights
Command and control in the uniformed public services
Police powers in the public services
Students within the Uniformed Services Academy have exclusive access to a wide range of extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities.
What can I do after this course?
You will be able to extend your knowledge and study at university or gain employment in a Uniformed Service. You will be able to move onto higher education or gain employment in a uniformed protective service.