Teamwork and Personal Development in the Community (single or double award)
Vocational Level 2
For students who would like an introduction to Uniformed Services and the values and skills which these careers uphold.
This course is for you if...
...you are interested in Uniformed Services careers and would like to progress either to employment or further education.
Where can this course lead to?
Successful completion with a minimum Distinction grade and GCSE grades 9-4 or A*-C in English will allow students to progress to Level 3.
What will I study on this course?
Units that you may study include:
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Career planning and self-assessment for uniformed organisations
- Improving health and fitness in uniformed organisations
- Personal development through adventurous activities
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Expedition skills
- Fundamentals of nautical studies
- Citizenship, the individual and
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students have exclusive access to a wide range of extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities including:
- Outdoor education qualifications
- Stewarding qualifications
- Canoeing and kayaking, national powerboat licence, sailing, windsurfing, first aid, paddle boarding, rowing courses
- Climbing on our £30,000 indoor climbing wall
- Camping expeditions in the New Forest, Purbecks or South Wales
- Participation in civil defence major incident exercises with the emergency services
- 3500 ft solo and 13,000 ft tandem parachuting