Art & Design
Vocational Level 3
This qualification is for students who enjoy a wide variety of art disciplines and want a more practical approach to art.
This course is for you...
- you enjoy being creative, hands on and wish to learn new skills in art and design using a variety of materials processes and techniques
- you understand the benefits of art historical knowledge and will find learning about historical and contemporary artists, designers and photographers an interesting challenge
- you are genuinely passionate about Art and Design and want to work hard to increase your skill and ability.
This course is part of the Creative Arts Academy.
What will I study on this course?
This course addresses a mandatory unit and a selection of optional units covering a wide range of Art & Design disciplines ideal for those who enjoying studying vocationally and practically:
- Art & design in context
- 2D Materials techniques and processes
- 3D visual communication
- Working with photography briefs
- Textile and Fashion Design
There are exciting live projects in printmaking, 3D design and photography. Using processes such as screen print, linocut card, wire and clay you will be encouraged to relate your work to the work of other artists, designers and photographers.
Extended opportunities and enrichment
Students will have access to a range of guest lectures from professionals, national and international trips, and work experience opportunities.
Where can this course lead to?
Many of our students progress to university to study Art and Design at under graduate or foundation level. We have excellent links to our local Universities and can advise you if you wish to study further afield.
Our teachers are industry professionals and can provide excellent advice in progressing into the creative industries.