Masterclass by Theatre For Life's Michelle Smith
Visual & Performing Arts
On Monday 25 September, Michelle Smith from Theatre For Life came into the college to deliver a masterclass with our Performing Arts students.
The class covered a range of topics including:
- Guidance on how to choose the right place to study, with an introduction to the new Federation of Drama Schools which was introduced in June 2017;
- The hallmarks of conservatoire style training;
- An honest perspective on the pros and cons between university and drama school training, as well as how the students could choose their own pathways based on their goals;
- Practical tips on how to prepare for auditions physically, vocally and emotionally
- Guidance on how to choose the right audition material for professional degrees in Acting and Musical Theatre;
- What to expect in the audition and how to prepare for the day, with training on positive mindsets and eliminating anxiety;
- Audition etiquette and how to impress in the students' interviews.
Overall the masterclass was a fantastic comprehensive overview for the students on what to expect as they start to consider applying for drama schools and university.
Thank you to Michelle from Theatre For Life for delivering the talk. We can't wait for their professional masterclass in the October half term!