At Itchen, support is available whenever you need it. The Student Services Centre is open to all students, throughout the college day, with advisors on hand to help with any enquiries or support needs which you may have.
Our advisors can:
- Help you sort out day-to-day problems with work, study and living, regarding issues such as housing, finances and careers
- Give you personal support and advice
- Support you with your UCAS application
- Book appointments with the Guidance and Support Manager
- Book appointments with the college counsellors, who are available for all types of personal issues
- Provide careers advice and guidance—see below for more information
- Administer the Itchen Maintenance Award (IMA)
- Issue bus passes
- Administer free college meals
We are committed to providing excellent careers guidance and support to our students. Our services include:
- Independent careers information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- Arranging careers events and workshops
- CV clinics
- Higher education advice, including assistance with UCAS applications and personal statements
- Links with industry, business and employers
- Employability suite including extensive careers targets
- Careers coach software
- Work Experience Coordinator
In addition to the careers advice provided in the Student Services Centre, there is also an extensive range of resources available in the Learning Resources Centre, including DVDs, prospectuses, careers magazines and more.
We are proud of the inclusive nature of the college, and our Student Services and tutor team are keen to support students of all backgrounds and abilities. This includes helping many Looked After Children and Care Leavers to succeed in their education. The Designated Tutor for Care Leavers and Looked After Children is Debbie Finch (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be happy to answer any questions and provide further information.
Our Student Services Team:
Steve Perkins - Assistant Principal and Student Services Manager
Steve is the Assistant Principal at the college and also manages the Student Services team, including pastoral support, transport, IMA and other services.
Bridget Jones - Guidance and Support Manager
Bridget is the college's Guidance and Support Manager and oversees tutors and pastoral care at the college.
Debbie Finch - Student Services Officer (Safeguarding & Careers)
Debbie is a Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer at Itchen. She works in Student Services to help students with concerns they may have and offer careers guidance.
Janine Batten - UCAS Administrator and Tutorial Support
Janine works with students to help them with their career ambitions, higher education aims and support them in completing their UCAS application.
Michelle Payne - IMA and Transport Officer
Michelle is on hand throughout the year to deal with transport queries, bus passes and IMA payments for students.