We have places available - please contact Michelle Ross, our Nursery Manager, for more information.
Nursery@Itchen is based on our college site in Bitterne, Southampton. Our highly qualified nursery staff will support your child/children in their learning, play and development.
Through play, your child will be learning within the early years foundation stage. Their individual progress will be monitored carefully and their activities planned to enhance every aspect of their development.
Whilst all this learning is taking place, your child will be having fun with sand and water, construction toys and creative play and most importantly, making friends.
The nursery currently employs 21 staff. Of all these staff, all hold the relevant early years qualifications and some have also completed Level 6 BA degree. The nursery has children aged from 4 months - 4 years old on our register, who attend a variety of sessions across the week.
Nursery Manager - Michelle Ross
Deputy Manager - Kaylie Payne
If you would like further information about our Nursery, please contact our Nursery Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The nursery was graded overall as 'Requires Improvement' in its latest Ofsted Inspection report (October 2021). The Nursery has developed a clear action plan in response and will be re-inspected within the year ensuring we make improvements in the areas identified. All Nursery staff and the senior leadership team of the college are fully committed to provide the best care and education for all of your children and ensuring we meet the requirements of the EYFS framework
There were many of positives to draw from in the inspection report:
- Children are giving a warm welcome
- Older children are keen to begin their day
- Independence of the children is supported well
- Staff communicate well with the children
- Staff offer cuddles and reassurance when needed to the children
- All staff have good knowledge of their responsibility to safeguard children
- Younger children access a well-designed curriculum
- The setting ensures all children with additional needs can access and engage in their learning
The inspector recognised the clear vision we have for moving the nursery forward. We are a hardworking, dedicated team who continue to nurture and support the development and education of all children in our care.
We have French and Polish speaking staff at our nursery.
Our staff also have experience and provision for children with special needs.
They have experience with:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Visual impairment
- Cerebral palsy
- Language impairment
- Behaviour management
- Autistic spectrum disorder
- Special Educational Needs
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Prader Willi Syndrome
- Downs Syndrome
- Medication - Administration Of
We ask parents to supply special food if required. We do no provide hot meals but will heat up home prepared food.