At Itchen, support is available whenever you need it. The Student Services Centre is open to all students, throughout the college day, with advisors on hand to help with any enquiries or support needs which you may have.
Our advisors can:
- Help you sort out day-to-day problems with work, study and living, regarding issues such as housing, finances and careers
- Give you personal support and advice
- Support you with your UCAS application
- Book appointments with the Guidance and Support Manager
- Book appointments with the college counsellors, who are available for all types of personal issues. More information about this can be found on the right or below if on a mobile device.
- Provide careers advice and guidance—see below for more information
- Administer the Itchen Financial Support (IFS)
- Issue bus passes
- Administer free college meals
We are committed to providing excellent careers guidance and support to our students. Our services include:
- Independent careers information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- Arranging careers events and workshops
- CV help
- Higher education advice, including assistance with UCAS applications and personal statements
- Links with industry, business and employers
- Work Experience Coordinator
In addition to the careers advice provided in the Student Services Centre, there is also an extensive range of resources available in the Learning Resources Centre, including DVDs, prospectuses, careers magazines and more.
We are proud of the inclusive nature of the college, and our Student Services and tutor team are keen to support students of all backgrounds and abilities. This includes helping many Looked After Children and Care Leavers to succeed in their education. The Designated Tutor for Care Leavers and Looked After Children is Debbie Finch (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be happy to answer any questions and provide further information.
Our Student Services Team:
Steve Perkins - Assistant Principal
Steve is an Assistant Principal at the college and also manages student support services, including pastoral support, transport and IFS.
Debbie Finch - Student Services Officer (Safeguarding & Careers)
Debbie is a Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer at Itchen. She works in Student Services to help students with concerns they may have and offer careers guidance.
Michelle Payne - IFS and Transport Officer
Michelle is on hand throughout the year to deal with transport queries, bus passes and IFS payments for students.
Nicola Parnell - Work Experience Co-Ordinator
Nikki is on hand to help you find your work experience placement, as well as offer advice about placements.
Samantha Doyle - Attendance Mentor and Student Adviser
Sam supports students to maintain high levels of attendance and progress.
Lucy Prout - 'SUN' Progression Mentor
Lucy works with students to support their progression to further study or training after Itchen. Her post is funded by the Southern Universities Network.