Adult Care Worker - Level 2
The Adult Care Worker Level 2 is for someone who provides frontline care for vulnerable adults within their own homes, day care centres, residential and nursing homes and other healthcare settings.
On completion of this typically 12-15 month standard, apprentices will demonstrate a range of excellent skills such as helping adults with care and support needs and make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional, or intellectual challenges. Adult Care Workers need to have the right values and behaviours developing competences and skills to provide high quality compassionate care and support. They are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives which is at the heart of person-centred care.
- Completion of Level 2 RQF Diploma in Adult Care, a nationally recognised qualification.
- Gaining practical 'on the job' skills and supporting knowledge.
- The Role of the Worker and Professional Development
- Safeguarding & Duty of Care
- Communication in Practice & Handling Information
- Health and Safety in Care
- Equality, Diversity and Behaviours
- Person-Centred Approaches
How will I be assessed?
In between face to face sessions:
- One to one: Learners will receive monthly visits
- Self-Study: Learners are expected to carry out self-study using our e-portfolio platform.
- Contact: Learners have access to their Assessor/Trainer via email, learner portal, telephone and web-based systems i.e. Zoom.
End Point Assessment comprises of:
- Situational Judgement Test - The situational judgment test will present the apprentice with a range of real-life scenarios on which they will have to answer questions in a multiple-choice format.
- Professional Discussion - The professional discussion will cover the Adult Care Worker’s skills and their experience of applying the apprenticeship standard in the workplace.
Information & support
You will follow a structured programme of training and development, which includes off-the-job training that may include work-shadowing, offsite visits, and conduct independent research.
Both theory and practice will be covered in detail to give you the knowledge and skills you can take forward to your End Point Assessment (EPA).
Internet access both at home and in the workplace will be required in order to access our e-portfolio system.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
We expect this qualification to help consolidate you in your job as a multi-skilled and knowledgeable team player who represents a key personnel asset.
Following your successful completion of this apprenticeship you may wish to aim for promotion, new job and or higher level of qualification.