Early Years Educator - Level 3
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with and care for children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this qualification, it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
- Completion of Level 3 RQF Diploma Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator), a nationally recognised qualification.
- Gaining practical 'on the job' skills and supporting knowledge.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Legislation, Frameworks and Professional Practice
- Play, Development and Learning for School Readiness
- Professional Development
How will I be assessed?
In between face to face sessions:
- One to one: Learners will receive monthly visits
- Self-Study: Learners are expected to carry out self-study using our e-portfolio platform.
- Contact: Learners have access to their Assessor/Trainer via email, learner portal, telephone and web-based systems i.e. Zoom.
End Point Assessment comprises of:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio - A professional discussion is a two-way discussion which involves both the independent assessor and the apprentice actively listening and participating in a formal conversation. It gives the apprentice the opportunity to make detailed and proactive contributions to confirm their competency across the KSBs mapped to this method.
- Knowledge Test - This is a controlled assessment which consists of a series of questions in which apprentices are asked to provide a response. It is an accurate and reliable way of assessing those knowledge elements which have a clear correct/incorrect response.
Information & support
- You will need a computer and internet access to follow your programme and be able to access the appropriate learning resources.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
We expect this qualification to help consolidate you in your job as a multi-skilled and knowledgeable team player who represents a key personnel asset.
Following your successful completion of this apprenticeship you may wish to aim for management-based job opportunities and/or higher education.