Early Years Practitioner - Level 2
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, aged 0-5.
Upon successful completion of this qualification learners can enter the workforce as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or continue to study for a Level 3 Diploma holding Early Years Educator status.
- Completion of Level 2 RQF Diploma Early Years Practitioner, a nationally recognised qualification.
- Gaining practical 'on the job' skills and supporting knowledge.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Health and Safety of Babies and Young Children in the Early Years
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Practice in Early Years Settings
- Safeguarding, Protection and Welfare of Babies and Young Children in Early Years Settings.
- Understand how to support Children's Development
How will I be assessed?
In between face to face sessions:
- One to one: Learners will receive monthly visits
- Self-Study: Learners are expected to carry out self-study using our e-portfolio platform.
- Contact: Learners have access to their Assessor/Trainer via email, learner portal, telephone and web-based systems i.e. Zoom.
End Point Assessment comprises of:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio - A professional discussion is a two-way discussion which involves both the independent assessor and the apprentice actively listening and participating in a formal conversation. It gives the apprentice the opportunity to make detailed and proactive contributions to confirm their competency across the KSBs mapped to this method.
- Knowledge Test - This is a controlled assessment which consists of a series of questions in which apprentices are asked to provide a response. It is an accurate and reliable way of assessing those knowledge elements which have a clear correct/incorrect response.
Information & support
- You will need a computer and internet access to follow your programme and be able to access the appropriate learning resources.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
We expect this qualification to help consolidate you in your job as a multi-skilled and knowledgeable team player who represents a key personnel asset.
Following your successful completion of this apprenticeship you may wish to aim for management-based job opportunities and/or higher education.