Level 1 Programme
This course is for you if...
- you need more time to improve your skills in English and Maths.
- you need to catch up on knowledge and skills you missed out on at school.
- you need to improve your employability skills.
What will I study on this course?
The Level 1 programme provides a personalised and flexible approach to learning, so that you can gain skills and qualifications that will allow you to progress to further study or employment.
The programme will consist of:
- Level 1 Certificate in Vocational Studies, including units such as Personal Development (mandatory), Being Organised (mandatory), Business, Fitness and Nutrition and Art. This will make up the majority of your timetable.
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
What courses combine well with this course?
This is a stand-alone package course, which is not taken with any others.
Where can this course lead to?
If students gain a Distinction in the Vocational Studies course, and improve their literacy and numeracy skills, they may be able to progress to Level 2 courses at Itchen, including GCSEs and vocational qualifications.