BTEC Protective Services (double or triple award)
Vocational Level 3
This course explores various aspects of the Uniformed Services, challenging your physical and mental ability. You will take part in leadership and teamwork activities and may represent Itchen in a wide variety of competitions both locally and nationally.
This course is for you if...
- you have aspirations of going on to higher education.
- you have aspirations of joining an Emergency Blue Light or Military service.
Our extensive links with Hampshire Constabulary, Hampshire Fire and Rescue, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, South Central Ambulance Service, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Prison Service are exceptional.
What topics will I study?
Compulsory units include:
- Citizenship and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Global Affairs, the Media and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
Some specialist units that you may study could include:
- Custodial Care
- Sociological Perspectives
- Skills for outdoor Activities and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Expedition Skills
- Developing Personal Fitness Programmes
- Introduction to Criminology
- Principles of Managing Security Threats
- Police Powers and the Law
- Research Skills in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Understanding the Third Sector
- Criminal Investigation Procedures and Practice
- Professional Development in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Technological Systems to Support Service Delivery
Students within the Uniformed Services Academy have exclusive access to a wide range of extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities.
What can I do after this course?
You will be able to extend your knowledge and study at university or gain employment in a Uniformed Service. You will be able to move onto higher education or gain employment in a uniformed protective service.