Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services (double award)
Vocational Level 2
For students who would like an introduction to Uniformed Services and the values and skills which these careers uphold.
This course is for you if...
- You have aspirations of joining an Emergency Blue Light or Military Service.
Our extensive links with Hampshire Constabulary, Hampshire Fire & Rescue, Maritime & Coastguard Agency, South Central Ambulance Service, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Prison Service are exceptional.
Other subjects such as Criminology, Law & Legal would be suitable courses alongside this one. This course allows students to take GCSE Maths or English as well if needed.
What will I study?
Units that you may study include:
- Investigate Employment in the Uniformed Services.
- Physical Fitness in the Uniformed Services.
- Team Working and Problem Solving Skills.
- Health and Safety in the Uniformed Services.
- Health and Hygiene in the Uniformed Services.
- Following Uniformed Service Routines.
- Exploring Equality and Diversity for the Uniformed Services.
- Carry out Map Reading and Navigation.
- Undertake of Adventurous Activities.
- Participation in competitive sports
Students have exclusive access to a wide range of extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities including:
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Climbing on our £30,000 indoor climbing wall
- Camping expeditions in the New Forest, Purbecks or South Wales
- Participation in civil defence major incident exercises with the emergency services
- 3500 ft solo and 13,000 ft tandem parachuting
What can I do after this course?
Successful completion with a minimum Distinction grade and GCSE grades 9-4 in English will allow students to progress to a Level 3 programme.