Art & Design
Vocational Level 3
This qualification is for students who enjoy a wide variety of art disciplines and want a more practical approach to art.
This course is for you...
- you are interested in exploring a range of specialist arts that are significant when considering a career in the creative industry such as: Interior Design/Stage Set Design/Costume Design/Events and Visual Marketing Design.
- If you are motivated and have a keen and enquiring mind you will succeed in producing a rich and dynamic folio of work in preparation for future pathways in Visual Arts be it higher education an apprenticeship or employment.
This course is part of the Creative Arts Academy.
What will I study on this course?
This course will introduce you to a selection of artists/designers and their work reflective on personal motives in a historical context.
Project briefs will give you the opportunity to explore alternative approaches to a variety of enriching and challenging scenarios developing technical skills representative of personal outcomes.
- Art History Analysis
- Drawing &Painting - Illustration
- Surface Texture - Textiles
- 3D multi media exploration and construction
Modules Covered in Year 1:
- Art & Design in Context
- Fine Art Textiles
- Creating 3D Art/Design Work
What can I do after this course?
Many of our students progress to university to study Art and Design at under graduate or foundation level. We have excellent links to our local Universities and can advise you if you wish to study further afield.
Our teachers are industry professionals and can provide excellent advice in progressing into the creative industries.